Hiring the right staff is one of the most important management and HR skills and it is critical to get it right. This course is designed for managers and HR specialists who either want to improve their interviewing skills or who are just now starting a recruitment role in the organisation.
This practical and highly interactive workshop will cover best practice interview techniques and will help participants choose the best candidate for every job they need to fill. It will consider the key steps in the selection process focusing on the face-to-face interview and how to ensure that this is conducted in the best possible way and yields positive results.
This workshop covers the following:
- Understanding yourself and the effect you have on others
- Best/worst interview practice
- The selection process
- Your interview style
- Trust and credibility
- Stages of the interview
- Interview ‘tool kit’
- Behavioural and competency based interviews
- Getting under the skin of the candidate
What will this course help me do: learning outcomes?
As a result of taking this course, you will:
- Learn how to apply behavioural and competency based techniques in order to make better decisions on applicants
- Increase awareness of how effective body language and non-verbal communication impact your interviews
- Understand the interview process and through exercises and role playing learn how to make your interviews truly effective
- Build confidence in your interview skills and develop your Internal Coach to “course correct” on-the-spot for excellent interview results
This course is designed for anyone who wants to improve their interviewing skills and in particular for managers and HR people who regularly conduct interviews or for those who are new to the role. It is also helpful for those new to interviewing.